Sunday, November 29, 2009

New Moon Par-tay


Yes, I flew myself and my two young children half way across the country to attend a New Moon party, and yes, it was worth it! We all had such a fantastic time! It was a ladies only event that begun at 5pm and lasted till about 3am.

The decorations for the party we spectacular. Vanessa went all out to prepare the way for New Moon. Here are just some of the festivities:

These blood bags are filled with either Jelly Bellies or Peanut M&M's and were set as treats for the movie


There were black and red candles all over the living room and on the boom box was the current and original Twilight soundtrack. There were also dozens of white roses set in vases filled with red water. For dinner we had Italiano and I made desert

This Team Jacob cupcake is chocolate with spiked chocolate "fur like" frosting set in a sunshine yellow wrapping for your consideration.

This Team Edward cupcake is a red velvet set in a pale rapper with a white frosting that sparkles with sugar crystals.

Which do you choose?

At the party we laughed and talked vampire v werewolf and then enacted our favorite (or really, least favorite) parts of the Twilight movie. There was even a trivia game that we all apparently won due to the fact that answering questions consisted of yelling at the top your voice what the answer was. I'm not sure who won the golden onion but someone must have taken it home! It was fantastic. The only tragedy of the night was that Van forgot to pull out her life size cut outs of the movie poster bearing Edward in the foreground and then Jacob protecting Bella. We saw it the next night though and took turns drooling at the hunky men.

As the night wore on we talked as the movie Twilight played on the TV and around 9:30 Mom and the nieces went to save our spots in line. I stayed home till the last possible moment because I had changed plans and decided to take Elizabeth with me to the movie. Yep, I did it.

I was too worried being so far from her, the theater was over 20 min away, in the middle of the night. Surprisingly she was fantastic, my little movie junkie! She was awake and watching, sitting on my lap for about half the movie, she even fought me when I covered her eyes at the werewolf parts! Then she quietly went back to sleep in my sling till the movie ended and then went to sleep again at home like it was routine. Amazing.

Well, I loved the movie. I made my own t shirt that has all of the Team Edward and Team Jacob nonsense crossed out on the back and stated Team Carslile on the front. There's no competition with him around. I loved the movie, it was leaps and bounds better than the first. I can't wait till Eclipse comes out in June. When will Breaking Dawn begin to film? I'm sure I'll be back again for those parties as well.

3 comments:

  1. How fun!!! I finally was able to see it the night before Thanksgiving and Loved it too!! I'm so jealous of the free flying though for sure!!...any hookups??? :) But you guys look great!! Hopefully one of these times we'll get to hang out again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, we look like a bunch of crazy Twilighters! (Or would it be New Mooners? That doesn't sound right!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be "Twihards" Morgan. Haha. What a blast! Phew! Let's do it all over again in 6 months! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete