Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Greatest Love The World Has Ever Known

What a bold statement, and a romantic one. I (almost) never Facebook, but I received a message that one of my cousins was getting married, and that was the title of her invitation. I LOVE WEDDINGS, LOVE THEM. I met my husband at a wedding and loved my own, so going to weddings might as well be my version of doing exactly what I would choose to do if given the option to do just about anything else. 

Even thought the timing of the wedding for our family couldn't be worse, with us getting the house ready in Speedy Gonzales time and having to pack our apartment, but I wanted to go so badly! So go I went, with the children of course, and left Jeremy to paint the entire house. I taped the whole place before we left, but Jeremy was the one that transformed our home with color, and I love it, but more on that later . . . 


The wedding was beautiful, of course, that what happens when good tasted mixes with love. Aubree and John's colors were lemon and lime, and everything was perfect. They married in the Mesa temple, it was the best cealing I can remember, but I always think that.


It must have been 100 degrees by the time the reception began at 7pm that night. But no one complained, we all were too busy eating pizza and ice cream and hugging and laughing. Everything about the reception dripped of John and Aubree, carefree and lovely, ready to start the journey of marriage, well good luck! It's no piece of wedding cake, but so much better.


We arrived mid Thursday for the Friday wedding and left by 5:30 am on Saturday, one quick trip. It was a mix of emotion, wanting to stay and spend more time with my cousin JoVon and other family, like my mother and grandmother, and feeling the pull of responsibility to be back getting the house ready. It was so good to be home with my worn out knight in shining armor. 


No comments:

Post a Comment