Wednesday, March 10, 2010

In Other News . . .

For our regular happenings, there's been a bit of chaos and creativity lately.

First, the chaos . . .

Chris is recovering nicely from strep, but his poor face looked like it was shedding winter skin. The result was me having to scrub and then lotion his face every night, morning, and afternoon, but we're better now. And Lizzie Jane cut her seventh tooth on Feb 28th and her eighth tooth just yesterday on Mar 9 so you can imagine her disposition as of late. Eight teeth! She's only 9 months old! CJ was the same way though so I'm not surprised I guess. I don't have any pictures of screaming children to post, the real images just weren't pretty, but everything is looking up now, or until more teeth cut or CJ contracts the plague!

Now onto Creativity!!

Jeremy felt inclined to cut CJ's hair last week, really cut. Normally we have a buzz session for both the boys, but today was different. Using the super dull scissors that came with the kit for the buzzer, Jeremy sniped and clipped the hairs of our wiggly three year old, who was not happy to have the treatment preformed. Once the process started though, we had to see it through and it ended in tears, restraint, and hugs - isn't that how anything worth while is accomplished at this age?


Though skeptical at the beginning as to where this was all leading, the result wasn't too shabby! And then Jeremy asked me to do the same to his hair! Well, we lovingly refer to both results as a "Hunt Job" and just keep going. Although Jeremy says a co-worker paid him a positive comment on his new do, I still find myself glancing at the top of CJ's head and at Jeremy's profile and grimace a bit. I have learned that a home hair cut is all about blending, and that I need to get better at it!

And then there's the sewing bug that has finally bit me again! I've been waiting, and planning projects, and piling repairs, but I didn't have the drive, until this week. I follow a super cute blog called Sew it to me that has great links to sites for Sewrific projects. Sew, I found this one about making a cooking apron out of a dish towel for kids, and here it is! Sew it didn't turn out like the tutorial, but Chris loves it!



In other ambitious projects . . . I travel a lot recently and struggle with the car seat madness that I always need to deal with, ie, packing, moving, and walking with huge, bulky, required objects. So here is my solution, a security bag for my kids so no seat is required . . . just kidding, it's my car seat bag. Both an upright that Liz will be using in a few short months, and CJ's full booster fit in it. And what cool fabric! CJ was just sure that it was for him, and I had to get a pic.

So where is darling Lizzie? She felt well enough to be available for one day of photo's at the Picture People, I love their work. The next day she was back to cranky teething, but for this one day we were all bliss! Isn't she beautiful! This is why we call her Lizard at home, she loves to use her tongue! CJ began calling her Elizabiff, then Elizabiffy, and now calls her Tinseybiff and Lizardbiff. It's just too cute.


1 comment: