Friday, March 19, 2010

Our Home On the Ocean

So really it's a home that's on a street named Ocean, but it's going to be ours! I wish I could say in a short amount of time, but as it's a foreclosure, it may be awhile to get all the paperwork and repairs completed. It doesn't need a complete face lift, thank goodness, but a bit of TLC that will take a few weekends.


Front View of Ocean - Est. in 2002, like us!


I love how open the kitchen is and the big pantry!


The front living room and neat-o fireplace


The other living room on the other side of the fireplace


Master Bedroom - Needs a little life!


Master Bath with a garden tub and separate shower


Back of the house, we want to do so much here!


Our back yard with a fantastic running slope all for CJ!

We are so excited that we'll be able to stay in the ward we are currently attending and are even closer now to friends. The schools are wonderful and there's even a community park just a few houses away that CJ and Janie already love to play at.




I love that the play equipment is set within a more natural setting so there's shade as well as plenty of adventure at hand. One other interesting feature is that we have deaf neighbors near by. I remember a while back when we were house hunting that we came upon a neighborhood that had this sign


and I thought that the community must be pretty responsible and neat to have such a thing, plus I'd love to have the chance to sign as part of my daily life, I really miss using the language. It wasn't until we started the process with this home and drove the little neighborhood that I remembered this was the community with the caution signs. It's amazing how some things come together.

So we're up to our ears in inspectors, and paperwork, and planning, and loving every bit of it. Keep coming by for updates on the process and we'll do our best to post. Thank you to all who have been so supportive of our little family and our big dreams. If you'd like to see more of the home click on the link below and you'll be taken to YouTube and our home page where I've uploaded six videos of the home. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HappyHuntHome#p/u

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What an amazing house. I hope it goes through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That house is great Steph! How amazing for you guys! I am really excited for you - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Congratulations! We are so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! The house is beautiful and I LOVE the backyard!!! Matt was just asking about you guys the other day. Thank you so much for sharing and I am so happy that things have fallen into place for your wonderful family! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete